Last Updated: June 2, 2020
– information we collect or information that you may provide when you visit our Website or access, download, install or register with the App;
– information we collect in email, text and other electronic messages between you, the Website and the App;
– information we receive from other sources, including service providers who provide us with personal information about you in order to help us better understand and cater to your preferences, improve the quality of our services to you, prevent or detect fraud, and for other business purposes;
– information we obtain from Property Managers about you;
– our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy DOES NOT apply to employees or independent contractors of any third party service providers that Alfred contracts with in order to carry out services requested by Alfred Users other than employees of Property Managers. It also DOES NOT apply to information that:
– We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through the Alfred Platform;
– You provide to or is collected by any third party;
– Is collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Alfred or any third party, including affiliates and subsidiaries.
Children Under the Age of 13
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our Website and App, including information:
– By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card number;
– That is about you but individually does not identify you;
– About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website/App and usage details;
– That we obtain from other sources, including service providers, Property Managers and other third party vendors.
We collect this information:
– Directly from you when you provide it to us, including information you provide us in order for us to collect all information necessary to complete the requested transaction;
– Automatically as you navigate through the Website/App. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies;
– From our Alfreds, hospitality teams and Property Managers in the course of carrying out the services requested by the Alfred Users;
– From third parties, for example, our service partners and other vendors with whom we contract in order to provide the services requested by Alfred Users.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website or App may include:
– Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or requesting information or future services, including your full name, phone number, e-mail and password when you create an account. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our Website;
– Records and copies of your correspondence (including email address), if you contact us;
– Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
– Your search queries on the Website;
– Other information voluntarily provided by you, including alarm codes and house keys to access your residence for the purpose of providing you a requested service. Some services may require us to photograph images of your residence or belongings. Such images will be limited to the object or areas required to be photographed in order to carry out the requested service(s) and will be used solely for the purpose of performing such service(s).
– Information provided by Property Managers obtained by carrying out services requested by you and any related correspondence, including messages with you and responses to maintenance requests.
When you download, register with, or use the App, we may ask you to provide information:
– By which you may be personally identified;
– That is about you but individually does not identify you;
This information includes:
– Information that you provide by filling in forms on the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App and subscribing to our service and posting material and requesting further services;
– Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone number) if you contact us;
– Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
– Details of transactions you carry out through the App, including financial information you will be required to provide in order to request a service through the App;
– Your search queries on the App.
You may also provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Website or of websites you access through the App (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profiles, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Use of our services may require you to provide your account details, including username and password, for various third party software applications that you link to the Website or App. We will use these credentials solely to provide the services you request through our Website or App.
For Property Managers: When you set up an account with us as a property manager or employee of a property manager, we collect and store personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, address, email address, Tax I.D. number, telephone number, payment information, information concerning your leases with tenants in such properties and information concerning the operation of such properties. We may also collect other personally identifiable information from third parties such as consumer and business credit reporting agencies as part of our due diligence process. We may also ask you personal identifier questions for purposes of verifying your identity. We may collect transaction and experience information, rent information and other information necessary to any transactions with us, as well as information about our communications with you. We collect this information to provide the products and services that you request or that are requested by your residents from our website and/or App and to let you know of additional products and services that you or your residents may be interested in.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our website, or when you download, access and use the App, we may use technology to automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
– Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, log and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website;
– Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type;
– Device Information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, operating system, mobile network information and device’s telephone number;
– The App may also access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information;
– The App collects real-time information about the location of your device.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not visit our Website or download the App or delete it from your device.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and App and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests, speed up your searches, and recognize when you return to our Website. The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
– Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
– Web Beacons. Pages of our Website, the App, and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifts) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website/app statistics (For example, recording the popularity of certain website/app content and verifying system and server integrity).
– Log Files. As is true of most websites and mobile applications, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. See “How We Use Your Information” for additional details with respect to Log Files.
Depending on the version of the App you are using, you may be able to log in using your Facebook or other social networking service (“SNS”) that we support. To do this, you will first be asked to enter your SNS credentials and will then be given the option to register for the Services. We may receive information from the SNS to make it easier for you to create an account on the Service and show our relevant content from your Facebook or SNS friends. Any information that we collect from your SNS account may depend on the privacy settings you have with that SNS, so you should consult that SNS’s privacy and data practices policy. You can edit your privacy settings at any time or disconnect your services activity stream from Facebook by visiting the Facebook Application Settings Page.
When you access our Website or use our App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
– Advertisers, ad networks, and ad-servers;
– Content providers and application providers;
– Analytics companies;
– Your mobile device manufacturer;
– Your mobile device provider.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide us, including any personal information, to:
– Present our Website, App and all related contents to you, and any other information, products or services that you request from us;
– To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
– Give you notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices; to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
– To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
– To notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through it;
– To create log files of information including IP addresses, browser type, ISPs, operating system and clickstream data in order to analyze trends, administer the Website, track user movements around the Website, gather demographic information about our user base and better tailor our services to Alfred User’s needs;
– To design and target marketing campaigns that introduce new products, services and related offers to Alfred Users;
– To recommend services to Alfred Users based on preferences;
– To coordinate with Property Managers in order to provide services requested by Alfred Users.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Website and App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
– Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
– Identify issues to de-bug our Website and App;
– Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests;
– Speed up your searches;
– Recognize you when you use the App.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. We may use information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We may aggregate, de-identify and/or anonymize any information collected through the Website or Mobile App so that such information is no longer linked to your personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, phone number or email address). We may use and share aggregated and anonymized information for any purpose, including without limitation, for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners and others.
Stripe (E-Commerce Payment Gateway)
Stripe provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our services to you. Your data is stored through Stripe’s data storage, databases and the general Stripe application. Stripe stores your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
When you purchase from Alfred, Stripe stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as a log and is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. This log contains only transaction data, and not personal information, although we do collect and use information about your purchases that are made through the App in order to provide you with an enhanced user experience, and to deliver information about third party services to you. See Information You Provide to Us for more information on data collection and use. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by the Alfred Platform and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Stripe’s Terms of Service or Privacy Statement.
Disclosure of Your Information
To make the Alfred Platform work, we may need to share your personal information with third parties and service providers. This section explains when and why we share your information.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
– To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
– To third party vendors when required to complete services required by you (for example, if a home cleaning is requested, we will share necessary personal details with the third party vendor home clearing service, such as customer name, location, pickup time and any special requests you communicate to us.) We use some third party vendors to support and maintain our business and they are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
– To a buyer or other successor in the event or a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, sale or transfer of some or all of Alfred’s assets, whether or not as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Alfred about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
– To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures;
– To fulfill our purpose for which you provide it;
– For any other purposes disclosed by us when you provide the information;
– To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
– To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and for billing and collection;
– If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Alfred, our customers or others.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Alfred to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by logging into the App and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product service experience or other transactions.
Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by adjusting your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept all browser cookies.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
We do not “sell” your Personal Information, as defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), and we have not sold your Personal Information in the past twelve (12) months. California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Rights for more information.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated request address: firstname.lastname@example.org However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit HelloAlfred.com/cppa.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Alfred Club, Inc. 61 Broadway, 33rd Floor, New York, NY 10006.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. The information you share in public areas of our website may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Alfred Club, Inc.
New York, NY 10006