How to Be More Productive in Your Daily Routine
Learning how to be more productive in your daily routine will make your life better - in so many ways. Read on to learn how.
If you find yourself rushing to take your clothes out of the dryer before breakfast or zipping to the grocery store during your lunch break only to come home to a laundry list of other tasks (hello, dishes), you’re not alone.
As working individuals, there simply isn’t enough time to finish all the necessary small tasks like daily chores and still have time to focus on the important things in life—like finishing your Harry Potter movie marathon with your partner or taking your dog on a long, well-deserved walk through the neighborhood.
Whether you’re looking for a way on how to get better deep sleep or simply want to make time for more important things, outsource those time-consuming daily tasks to an expert, like Alfred, and optimize your daily routine to help streamline the daily tasks you do take on.
#1 Outsource Where You Can
Don’t spend your morning routine fighting crowds at the grocery store or lugging heavy bags home from the dry cleaner. Instead, think about outsourcing your tasks to Alfred, to take care of the following small tasks:
- Grocery shopping – From navigating your cart through narrow aisles to fighting for a place in the checkout line, grocery shopping can be a stressful and specific task that can leave you frustrated hours later. Looking for a way on how to grocery shop efficiently? Consider having groceries delivered right to your fridge with Alfred. Simply make your grocery list, and Alfred can shop multiple local grocery shops to make sure you’re getting all the essential elements you need to cook up that vegan dessert whose pictures you’ve been drooling over all week.
- Laundry – By outsourcing your laundry, you’re not only cutting out weekly repetitive tasks, but taking away that dreadful feeling you get when you look at your laundry basket filled to the brim. Services like Alfred, will pick up your laundry or dry cleaning directly from your closet (literally!) and bring it back once your shirts are ironed, and your whitey-tighties are clean and pristine. Long gone will be the days of forgotten laundry, plus you can cut back on associated costs like detergent, water, and electricity.
- Pet care – Our beloved pets should always get the attention and care they deserve, but sometimes work and life get in the way. Hiring an overall productivity service that feeds, relieves, and walks your pet may be the answer. That way, when you’re having dinner with an important client or leading that board meeting, you won’t have to worry about your furry friend at home. Alfred Residents even get exclusive perks directly from the Hello Alfred app to spoil their pets even more. From discounts to dog beds, collars, and leashes from The Foggy Dog, to farm-to-table meal delivery from the The Farmer’s Dog.
#2 Hire a Housekeeper
Keeping your place clean is no simple task, and the productivity killer can easily consume your whole day. The energy you spend pulling a vacuum over the carpet and emptying the trash could easily be put into the new deep work project you’ve taken on. Additionally, clutter raises stress levels and can leave you emotionally exhausted, eating at overall productivity.
Looking for the fastest way to clean house? A regular housekeeping and deep work service like Alfred can help you take care of the following:
- Kitchen – Typical repetitive tasks include washing the dishes, wiping down appliances, such as coffee pots and blenders, sweeping and mopping the floors, and taking out the trash and recycling.
- Bathroom – Housekeeping services may replace towels and bath mats, disinfect the toilet, clean the sink and shower, and sweep or mop the floor. Depending on the project management service, they could also be responsible for restocking amenities such as toilet paper, soaps, and facial tissue.
- Living room and bedroom – Your cleaner will make sure to change the bed linens, make your bed, dust the surfaces and any decorations, clean the light fixtures, and vacuum, sweep, or mop the floor.
Want hotel-level comfort in the familiarity of your own home? From making your bed to taking out the trash, Alfred Signature Tidy Up™ drops by weekly to clear the clutter. We also work with vetted, high-quality and local partners to ensure your specific task space is spick and span.
#3 Prep Your Meals
Rather than spending a few hours making a nutritious, well-balanced dinner each night, try the productivity tip of meal prepping, which is the idea of making a larger batch and having pre-prepared meals over the week.
As working professionals managing a busy schedule, planning out meals in advance can save you valuable time and headspace. Instead of deciding what to eat multiple times throughout the week, you can streamline your dinner plans with one delicious batch meal.
With Alfred, you can shop for specific recipes, too. Just upload a photo or send us a link to your dinner of choice and we’ll make a grocery list and deliver everything straight to your door.
If you’re new to meal prepping, consider the following tips and tricks:
- Create a workflow – Organizing preparation and cooking times can be the difference between a stressful, drawn-out meal prep and an enjoyable, efficient stove session. Lay out your recipes and start with those that take the most time. If various recipes share the same ingredients, such as chopped garlic or diced tomatoes, act as a future sous chef and prepare them at the same time to improve your kitchen flow.
- Invest in supplies – Having quality kitchen supplies is important if you are thinking of turning meal prep into a habit. Quality storage containers and knives are just as important as the edible ingredients you’ll use
- Pace yourself – Like any habit, learning to meal prep is easier if you start small. Being too ambitious right off the bat can result in creating more work for yourself. Consider starting with prep for a few days instead of an entire week’s meals and build up to larger batches over time.
Alfred: Find your flow and stay in it.
When it comes to your daily task list, knowing how to be productive can save you time and reduce unneeded stress. And if you can’t focus on the important deadline coming up at work because you’re worried about making it to the dry cleaner before closing hours, it’s time to outsource your daily to-do’s to a resident experience company, like Alfred.
Daily routines are important, and Alfred is ready to take care of the nitty-gritty. Whether it’s to pick up your laundry, deliver your groceries, send for your prescriptions, and so much more.
Check out all that’s included in our luxury concierge services. We can’t wait to make your life easier.
The Southern Maryland Chronicle. 6 Time-Consuming Household Tasks to Consider Outsourcing. https://southernmarylandchronicle.com/2020/11/05/6-time-consuming-household-tasks-to-consider-outsourcing/
Thrive Global. Why a Clean Workspace is Good for Your Mental Health. https://thriveglobal.com/stories/why-a-clean-workspace-is-good-for-your-mental-health/
Indeed. What does a housekeeper do? https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/careers/what-does-a-housekeeper-do
Healthline. How to Meal Prep — A Beginner’s Guide. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/how-to-meal-prep
The Penny Hoarder. Save Time and Money This Week Through the Magic of Meal Planning. https://www.thepennyhoarder.com/save-money/meal-prep-ideas/